DIY: 3-Ingredient Homemade Body Butter
Check out this 2 minute video on how to make your own body butter that will last all day!Ingredients:1 cup organic shea butter1/2 cup organic coconut oil1/2 cup grapeseed oil (you can substitute olive oil, jojoba oil, any organic oil that is healthy.)
1. Fill a saucepan or pot about half full with water; bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low.
2. Place a glass or heat resistant container inside boiling waiter in the saucepan or pot. It should completely cover the opening of the pan to prevent any steam from getting into the lotion.
3. Add the shea butter and coconut oil to the heat resistant bowl or container. Allow to melt, stirring occasionally, until a uniform liquid results.
4. Pour melted butter into glass container and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add 20-25 drops of optional essential oil one drop at a time until desired scent is reached.
6. Pour hot liquid carefully into sterilized jars (the short 8 ounce canning jars with a wide mouths work perfectly). Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until semi solidified. *You should be able to make a dent in the mixture with your finger.*
7. Once the liquid has set and cooled to room temperature, you need to stir it with a whisk until cream and fluffy mixture appears.
8. Add your mixture to your empty container and voila, soft, silky skin!