7 Reasons to Add Sunflower Oil to Your Skin Care Routine
So we all love sunflower seeds in the summer, rocking the print on our clothes, and taking pictures in sunflower fields, but have you ever wondered about the benefits of sunflower seed oil? First, here's a little history you may not know: the sunflower was cultivated by American Indian tribes circa 3,000 B.C. Tribes used parts of the sunflower plant to help soothe snakebites and to condition the skin and hair.Here are seven benefits of sunflower oil for your skin:
1. Sunflower seed oil helps moisturize your skin. Sunflower oil has emollient properties that help the skin retain its moisture. Vitamin E helps trap moisture inside skin cells, keeping skin hydrated for a longer period.
2. Sunflower seed oil is high in vitamin E. Sunflower oil is extremely high in vitamin E – an antioxidant that helps protect skin cells from harmful UV rays from the sun and other environmental contaminants.
3. Sunflower seed oil helps fight acne:In addition to vitamin E, sunflower oil is also rich in vitamins A, C, and D, making it effective in the treatment of acne. Sunflower seed oil contains vitamins and fatty acids that act as antioxidants to regenerate new skin cells and help your skin rid itself of acne-causing bacteria.
4. Sunflower seed oil is rich in beta-carotene:Sunflower oil is an excellent source of beta-carotene, a fat-soluble compound that can be converted into Vitamin A. Beta-carotene’s antioxidant properties are beneficial for the appearance of your health and skin.
5. Sunflower seed oil can reduce signs of aging. The antioxidant properties of sunflower oil help in preventing premature signs of aging, as it helps protect the skin from exposure to sunlight. The vitamin E in sunflower seed oil can help protect the collagen and elastin in the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in your face.
6. Sunflower seed oil is beneficial for particularly dry skin:Sunflower oil has natural calming properties that improve your skin’s moisture retention capacity and is beneficial for individuals with dehydrated or sensitive skin. Using sunflower oil regularly can help remove dead cells and impurities, leaving behind smooth, moisturized skin.7. Sunflower seed oil helps soothe and heal your skin. Sunflower seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help lower skin redness and roughness. Sunflower seed oil is high in omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid and vitamin E. Omega-6 acid helps decrease inflammation in the skin and enhances the development of new skin cells.Overall, sunflower seed oil has so many awesome benefits for skin, try it out today!
Information via bucklersremedy.com
DISCLAIMER:None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.