7 Ways to #StayHome & Self Care with your Tribe
While people often assume that self care is something you do alone, many do not realize that some of the best forms of self care can be done with friends!
As humans, we’re social beings (even if we’re introverts), which means doing things with a friend or two is significantly more fun. Plus, with most of us confined at home, having small social interactions can help us through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please Note: We are not saying to have a whole party sis, remember under 10 people in one space for safety.
Even more, incorporating a friend into your self care routine can make it easier to maintain a self care regimen. Self care should come naturally, but let's be real: Incorporating self care can be taxing when there are so many other stressors and responsibilities to manage. By inviting a friend to join you in practicing self care, you’ll be more likely to actually stick to your plan, as you'll have someone to hold you accountable when you put something else ahead of you.
Here are our top 6 ideas to do with a best friend:
- Make Saturday or Sunday morning brunch together. Reality is that if you go out to your normal brunch spot, you’re going to spend a ton of money. Breakfast and brunch is one of the easiest meals to make and perfect, and there’s so much variety. Choose all your favorite dishes and make a feast. And best of all, eat it.
- Binge an entire tv show. There’s SO MUCH good television, and sometimes what you need is a full day on the couch. May we recommend a few of our favorite shows with women as leads? Self Made: Madame C.J. Walker, Jane the Virgin, Grace and Frankie, Handmaid’s Tale, Insecure, Black-ish, and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Now go on and binge. Hopefully with snacks.
- Learn to make a new cocktail. Like going out for brunch, getting cocktails can quickly become a very expensive night out. Instead, choose one of your favorites or something entirely new, shake it out, and pour it in the fancy glasses you never use. You’ll feel ultra glam.
- Make vision boards together. This is your opportunity to get crafty! Take the afternoon to cut up all your old magazines and decide what you foresee for your futures. This can be a super transformative and eye-opening experience if you haven’t done one already. We’re firm believers that we manifest what we put out into the world.
- Make a homemade facial mask. Here’s another idea on the cheap. You can use household items that you have already to refresh your face and body. Get your glow on with our DIY recipes here!
- Make a list of things you love about each other. Matter of fact is that we don’t celebrate one another enough. Make time in your day to just write down all the things that make your friend beautiful, special, and just absolutely perfect. Sometimes we need to hear and be reminded of how great we are.
- Shop our Self Care Bundles and send your sis a self care package full of all natural bath and body goodies from our black woman owned business :)
Have some ideas of your own? We would love to hear it in the comments!