5 Reasons Your Skin Loves Matcha Green Tea
If you are a tea lover, then you know how healthy matcha green tea is for the body. Did you know it also has amazing skin benefits as well?
Matcha Green Tea is produced from the microfine powder of ground green tea leaves (Camellia Sinensis). The leaves are dried and then ground into Matcha Green Tea Leaf Powder. Used by Asian philosophers and poets for over 1200 years in rolled cakes and elixirs, Matcha is also valued for use in cosmetics and toiletries due to its high content of Polyphenols, Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCg), and Xanthines. Green Tea can protect the skin from aging and serious damage in general from the sun's UVB rays. Xanthines present in Matcha such as Caffeine and Theobromine have natural anti-immflamatory, anti-cellulite and anti-irritancy effects.
Here are 5 reasons you should add this to your skincare routine:
1. Treats inflammation. Matcha powder has many anti-inflammatory properties, especially EGCG, which is an antioxidant that helps reduce the redness associated with chronic skin conditions such as rosacea and even acne. It is gentle enough for all skin types and brings soothing relief from these issues. Not only does the skin feel better, but matcha diminishes redness, which lessens any self-consciousness about having a chronic skin condition.
2. Improves your complexion. Matcha powder has remarkable properties to keep your complexion fresh and healthy. Not only does it reduce inflammation, it offers a one-two punch for the skin to exfoliate and eliminate dead skin cells, then rejuvenate the underlying skin to improve your complexion.
3. Diminishes the signs of aging. Let’s face it. This is one of the biggest reasons you take care of your skin. Matcha stimulates elastin production to add volume to the skin. It also protects the skin against free radicals that cause sun damage, age spots, dry skin, and yes, wrinkles.
4. Treats oily skin. The tannins in matcha actually shrink pores and reduce the production of oil associated with acne. If you have teenagers who struggle with breakouts and oily skin, matcha is especially beneficial as it removes oil from the skin and slows the production of the oil causing the acne.
5. Treats all skin types. Matcha masks are made from food, not chemicals, which is about as natural as it can get. That is why it is gentle enough for younger skin yet strong enough for skin that needs a little boost to look better.
Legal Disclaimer: We are required by law to say that these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, have a medical condition, or any doubts - please consult your physician before buying this product. We do not offer this product with the intention to treat, cure, diagnose or claim to cure any condition. All claims regarding this product are per third party findings.